Happy 3 years of marriage to Ian and me!
In 3 years of marriage, we have learned a lot about each other and ourselves. We’ve had a child, moved 2 times, and plan on more of both of those things!
It’s incredible what
marriage really brings to a relationship. Especially one where you were once friends that never imagined you’d date, much less get married. We’ve had to learn to live together while still maintaining some amount of individuality. Our lives have molded together and then skyrocketed into something amazing. We definitely have had to work hard at it, we’ll always have to work for it. But I think we can confidently say we’ve made it over the hill. We’ve made it past the beginning where you know nothing and we now sort of know a little bit of something.
I don’t necessarily have any profound advice on my end to share with you today. We’re still newbies. We might know what marriage sort of looks like at this point, but we still don’t know much. We know how to not get divorced after 3 years. We know how to get through an argument feeling fine. But today, I want to turn to some experts on the matter. I want to share some valuable things I’ve learned and read about relationships and marriage from people who really know what they’re talking about (and a couple things about our love and stuff)
STUFF ABOUT MARRIAGE
- An enlightening read about our expectations of marriage and why it’s better than ever these days.
- If you’re feeling lonely in you’re marriage, even if you’re not, this is a great read for how to be a better spouse.
- Some marriage insight I shared after 1 year of marriage. Not bad for a newbie, I’d say.
- Thoughts on communication from some other marriage newbies.
- Our story on how we met is quite an interesting one.
- And then of course our wedding is pretty cute too.
- Some journaling prompts, technically made for valentines day, to make you fall in love all over again.
Photo by Mary Robinson